Most sessions, including the introductory session are 60 minutes. Sometimes they are longer, other times shorter.
Sessions are done either, face to face (if local), the phone (you make the call) or my through ZOOM conferencing.
The Zoom platform, is very easy to use. It works on any Windows or Mac computer and also on iOS and Android phones and tablets. If you have not used Zoom before, please follow the instructions in the Zoom Information section below
Sessions are scheduled during convenient times mutually agreed upon. I have clients across the country and used to different time zones – so nothing is unreasonable. Depending on you, coaching sessions can be as regular as you want. I have clients that we meet every week and some once a month. Some start off once a week and go on a maintenance schedule of once a month or a quarter.
Cat: Where are you going? Alice: Which way should I go? Cat: That depends on where you are going. Alice: I don’t know. Cat: Then it doesn’t matter which way you go. ~ Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
The introductory session is designed for us to get to know each other and to give you an experience of a coaching session. Even if you don’t continue, I promise that you will have some valuable take aways, tips and ideas to get you looking in the right direction.
Before we can go anywhere, we need to understand where we are today. The Client Inquiry Form as a short Life Satisfaction Scorecard for you to fill out. There is something about thinking about how satisfied you are, it’s a different thing to actually write and rate it.
Also, bring a journal or note book to take notes and jog down thoughts as they might come up. If you take notes during our sessions, you will retain 40% of the knowledge verses 10% if you just listen!
From there I will ask you some inquiring questions, share some concepts, theories and have you narrow down areas that you want to focus on that would provide the largest impact on your life. Then we go a little deeper…to discover some of the obstacles.
At that point, there will be an offer to continue and you can check out my rates page by clicking here so that there are no surprises. Don’t worry, I will never leave you without some tools to help yourself continue and an open offer to come back anytime. If, however you do want to pursue having a Life Coach team up with you, then we have some more work to do.
At the end of each session there may be homework exercises to do between sessions, along with requests for action, which you may accept, reject or negotiate on. All this depends on your comfort level. If you truly commit to getting the most out of your coaching sessions, you will find real benefits in stretching in-between sessions.
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- There are NO long term commitments. If you want to stop prior to completing your package if you feel you are not getting any value out of every single session, I will refund the remaining balance.
- I do recommend if you are at all serious about getting real results to make a commitment to yourself for at least 6 sessions.
- ALL coaching sessions are held in the strictest level of confidentiality. Unless you tell someone that we are working together (or give me permission to do so). Even at that level, I do not discuss any of the sessions in detail.
- Life Coaches do have a Code of Ethics – to read them click here.
Tips for Having a Good Experience
- If you are a first-time Zoom user, be sure to install the Zoom application before the session begins (see Zoom Information below). It’s simple and only takes a minute or two but we strongly advise not waiting until the last minute.
- Join the session before the start time as we plan to start promptly on time
First Time Zoom Users:
Windows and Mac computers: Please enter the session about five minutes early and follow the on-screen instructions allowing Zoom to install a small application on your computer. This normally goes very smoothly and quickly.