Is for all people to be empowered to reach their true potential so they can live a purposeful, abundant life that they define.
To provide lasting coaching results to individuals that inspires and motivates them to live a life with courage, creativity, self-awareness and to understand the abundant possibilities that life can offer so that each day is a better day then the last.
I do this by
- Offering opportunities to those that aware that they would like to make a change, whether its personal or within a business or organization.
- Creating a visual statement of what is missing by viewing the current situations and what success should look like as defined by the client.
- Providing tools, knowledge and building on strengths and skills to implement the change.
- Ensuring that the change is attainable and sustainable in the long term through reinforcement and accountability.
- The only certainty in life is the uncertainty of it.
- Our past, what we do, and what we have are only descriptions and do not need to define who we are nor do they need to define our future.
- Problems and circumstances allow us to observe and learn life lessons so that we can move on to bigger and better things. How we choose to react to these either holds us back or moves us forward.
- You always have a choice.
- We all have needs and will always seek to fulfill them. It’s called survival.
- Everything is connected and we are connected to everything. Understanding that we are part of a system helps us understand the impact we have.
- Life is work in progress.
Four Hats Coaching is my place card holder and the space for others that have a shared vision to join me in assisting individuals, professionals, businesses and organizations through transformational change.
“It is always easier to achieve your goals with an accountability buddy!”
A little more about me
I have a past and I am not my past. There are things that describe me and there are things that might be of interest.
My personality type for those that like to know these things is that of the “Healer/Helper” (INFP). As a Creative, I will pour my heart and soul into everything that I do. Words that others have described me as are expressive, intuitive and engaging.
I started my journey of self-discovery in 1979 by attending an est Event. Although it was very controversial at the time, it did provide to me a frame work for “personal responsibility, accountability, choice and possibility”.
From there, I had an insatiable appetite and an incurable curiosity for learning more about the “Human Potential”, to understand why people do what they do and discover more about me; attending numerous training, seminars, workshops and reading hundreds of books on the subject.
Learning is one thing, applying it is another and the foundation of my coaching is the results and experiences that I have had with using that knowledge.
I have not always been a Life Coach and in fact have had taken on several roles over my life time, all had a foundation of serving and helping others. Recently, I retired from a 30 year career in the Emergency Health Services, many of those years as a paramedic.
Along with being a Life Coach today, I’m also a professional Photographer and public speaker.
“Where I was born and where and how I have lived are unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest.” ~ Georgia O’Keeffe
I have been married to my soul mate for 40 years and together we raised four wonderful daughters, who have with their awesome mates, blessed us with 8 grandchildren.
We enjoy traveling and as many outdoor activities as we can, from hiking, camping and boating. Living on Vancouver Island has given us many opportunities to experience nature at its finest.
If your ready to meet…
I look forward to connecting with you soon.
Other stuff of interest
Coaching since 2015
Certified Coach – Coaching Out of the Box
Certified Change Management Practitioner – Prosci Inc.
Trained in Jungian Typology and a Client Practitioner with Insights
30 years in Emergency Health Services (Paramedic), 10 years in Leadership Roles
Toastmasters International, ACS/ALB, District 21, Div A, Area 5 Director
Other Courses and Workshops: Crucial Conversations; Clear Leadership; Context Training; Core and Experience Leadership LINX; Coaching Practices for Managers – Dalhousie; The Communications Workshop; The Breakthrough System – Robbins-Mandes; Coaching Techniques that Drive Change, Skillsoft Ireland; Indigenous Cultural Competency
Recipient of: Emergency Medical Services Exemplary Service Medal; BCAS Leadership and Teamwork Award; Community Service Award; Governor General of Canada Commendation for Bravery
Volunteer Work: Leadership Mentor with the Paramedic Chief’s of Canada; The Movember Organization